June 18, 2009

Six Flags

So Tuesday I went with to Six Flags with our church youth. I haven't been to Six Flags in forever. Last time I went was with after my first year of college with my brother, our two friends from high school, mom and grandma. That was the year my mom almost got killed. Seriously! Long story short, my mom got stuck in between the car and the track on Mr. Freeze, they were going to send the ride off with her still stuck. She ended up getting second degree burns and the best they could do for us was give free passes to come back another time before the season ended. And we went at the end of August. It was crap and I really think my mom should have sued them!!

But anyways I was a little nervous for Tuesday because of the fact that it was looking like it was going to rain all day. And that there was a little window that it would be clear skies. So Tuesday heading to church to meet everyone it was already starting to rain but it was looking like that we were supposed to get a storm and then it would be done till later on that night. I was pleasantly surprised we had 15 people that went. Luckily while we driving to Six Flags we ran into the storm that was coming so by the time we got to the park it was just finishing up raining. The best thing on the day that we went it was hardly crowded. Alot of the time with rides we either had to wait a few minutes or we got to go again without having to get off of the ride. The last ride that was new when we went there was Excalibur so I got to try the new Evil Knievel, which I loved; Superman, I liked it cause you got an amazing view of the whole park but really like Disney World's Tower of Terror better; Tony Hawk, didn't like that ride it was a little boring; on the water rides The Tornado, loved that ride except I rode with two younger kids adn I thought we were going to tip over at one point, and then Wahoo Racer, that one is not for heavier people and I am not going to comment anymore on that one!! Some of the rides weren't open or they opened late in the day like Tidal Wave and Excalibur. I had such a good time getting to know people from our church and just enjoyed almost having the park all to ourselves. By the end of the day our youth were more tired than the chaperones. The adults were still ready to go but the youth wanted to leave so we left around 8 pm. I came home sore, barely walking and sunburnt. All in all it was a a great day and cant wait till our next activity!

No comments:

Post a Comment