June 13, 2009

The Races

Last night I went to the races for the first time since opening night, which was the first Friday in April. As most of you all know that's where I met the ex husband, where our relationship grew, and it was our thing. When I went opening night it was really hard since we spent time together there and I loved cheering him on. So after opening night I hadn't felt like going much. At times it was too hard to see him and then when I found out he was dating someone else, I was not ready to see him and his new girlfriend together. I had been planning to go anyways since I had thought my dad wasn't going to make it. I was so glad I went last night because I ended up having a great night. I got there early last night, I had some mail and some other little things I found for my ex. I was tired of keeping it and I didn't feel like mailing it back to him. Luckily, when I went by his trailer he wasn't there. It is still hard to see him and not easy when I didn't hardly see him when he left. When I was heading back to the grand stands he was coming out as I was going in. We looked at each other and just walked on by. I was glad that he just kept walking, I really didn't feel like talking to him. I went and talked to some older gentlemen that sat in front of us in the stands. I haven't seen much of them and just wanted to catch up. Then as I was heading back to the pits for the start of hot laps, I saw his mom and dad pull up. I told his dad there was somethings at the trailer for him and since his mom waved at me I went and talked to her for a couple minutes. It was really good to talk to his mom. Last time I saw her I didn't talk much to her since it was a couple months after he left and I was still hurting. And I was glad that there are no weird feelings at all. So all in all it was a good night, glad that I can go back and not worry about crying or being heartbroken while sitting there. Next time I just wish some of my friends would come with me.

1 comment:

  1. I have a new blog--add it to your GR!
    http://iknowme8.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete