August 16, 2009

Week Review

So a review on how my first week went in Waco. The first thing I did was got to know there area and how everything is connected. It is very confusing and drives me nuts. Luckily I have quickly caught on how to get to most places and have only gotten lost a few times. I still need to go downtown and find the library. I also need to get a Texas id. I am waiting to get my Texas drivers license till I know I am going to be down here awhile. I have been looking for a job and applying to places like crazy. So hopefully something comes soon, I hate not working. I have been trying to help out around the house by cooking dinner, doing dishes, and doing laundry/ironing. Then this past Saturday I got to meet up with my second cousins and my third cousin who are living down here. Jonathan had called them to ask them about church Sunday since my 2nd cousin is a pastor of one of the local Methodist churches in the area. It turns out they were going to dinner at Chipotle, which I like the Chipotles up norht better, and I met up with that night. Later went over to their house and hung out and caught up. I haven't seen them in forever and it was so nice to see them. Then Sunday we went to the church and enjoyed listening to him preach. He reminds me of how my dad preaches. They originally were not going to be able to lunch with us but were able to pull some things since they also had old friends in town so we went to a place called Rosie's, where it was cheap but decent Mexican food. Later went back to their house and hung out some more. It has been good week and hoping this week goes even better. I am hoping I get a job here soon! Night all

No comments:

Post a Comment