August 11, 2009

New Home and Church

So finally the post about my new home. The city of Waco is crazy on how the homes are set up in areas. The house that my brother bought is in a really nice area and the less expensive homes then the street behind has some really expensive homes. It is crazy, my brother said some of the homes behind us are half a million dollar homes. I couldn't believe it, at home they would be in a neighborhood all in itself. Here are the examples of the homes I am talking about:



Now for our house, it is really cute!!

It is a 3 bedroom home with 1 full bath and 2 half baths, then we have of course a living room, dining room, laundry room and I think it used to be the garage but it is a den. I have the smallest room out of the lot, which is fine by me. I needed to learn to live with less. In my old house I had a ton of stuff but alot of it was just junk. I mean when I moved out of my house I took what I thought was less to my parents house since I didn't know if I was going to be there or not. And even then I still had to purge things and I still have a storage shed with some items. There are some cons about this but that is because it is an older house. I am having to relearn that I have to actually wash my dishes, this place doesn't have a dishwasher. Then the other thing is the full bath it doesn't have a fan so we have to open the window to help the steam go out. The thing with that is if you are in the shower and the water is running or there is water in the tub then you get shocked opening the window. It drives me nuts and I hate getting shocked. Other than that things have been great. I am getting to learn the area.

Then Sunday I went to church with Jonathan, more of this I want to talk about is the Catholic church we went to. I am not Catholic and neither is my brother but he helps tape their service. It was the St. Louis Catholic church and this church was gorgeous!! I forgot to get pics of the outside but I did of the inside. The architecture of the church was amazing and they have such gorgeous stain glass work. Here are some pics of it.







I wish I had a better camera so you can really see how beautiful the stain glass was. If I was Catholic I would love to get married in this church. So it was nice just looking at the church while the service was going on. Well I hope that I will have more adventures and stories for you guys here soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment