October 2, 2009

My Important People - I



So I think for the months leading up to Thanksgiving I am going to do a post about people that are really special in my life and why. For this first installment I am going to talk about my family. And for this one it is the 3 people that I have spent most of my life with. I am talking about my father, my mother and my brother.

Why these people are near and dear to me:

My Father - My father is quite a character!! If most of you know my father he can be a goofball but I love him for that. There is never a dull moment with him and sometimes you need him to be goofy just to cheer you up when you are down. You never know whats coming from him whether it be a mullet wig and crazy hat for Thanksgiving breakfast or wearing a Mickey mouse bow tie on his daughter's wedding day. My father is also a godly man which has been a blessing and I didn't realize how much this meant to me till I was older. I have grown up in church all my life and sometimes would hate being the pastor's kid. But my father was just doing what he was called to do and he has such a great and mighty faith! I know that God gave him all the great wisdom in the world to raise my brother and I in the best way possible. One of my favorite things that I did with my dad is our Friday night father/daughter date nights at the racetrack. Its how we grew to love racing and through that we have something that I am so proud to be a part of, which is our raceway ministry program. My father is a loving, caring, generous, non judging and always there for me no matter what. I always be a daddies girl and nothing will ever change that.

My Mother - I did do a post about what I love about my mother on her birthday but I will again state why I love her. My mother is first such a godly woman and I am very glad that God gave these two people as my parents. She has always tried to teach me right from wrong even though at times I had to learn those lessons on my own. She has been there to pick me back up when I needed it even though she thinks sometimes she should have let me fall and pick myself back up. But at times I needed her to pick me back up. I have so many of the same similarities as my mother now and I am quite proud of it. She is a caring woman, always there for people, helpful, loving, honest godly, and friendly people that you will ever met. As I get older I realize I am more and more like her everyday. My mother has truly been my rock this past year. She has given me so much support through the losing of my hair, my other sickness and the hardest thing, my divorce. Without her I don't know I would done through all of this. Not only is she my mother but she has become one of my best friends and I love that we can have a relationship like this. She is always a rock when times are tough and I know if she can be that strong throug things so can I.

Last but not least, My Brother - My brother is the baby in the family but sometimes I think he should have been the older one. Not because of that he acts older and I dont, which that is not the case. Just for the fact that he is 23 going on 24 but sometimes he has more wisdom on things than I could ever dream of. Growing up alot of the time we didn't get along but about his 8th grade year/ my junior year we started to have a close bond partly to the fact that we had the same group of friends. But I am glad we did because it helped out growing up. At times I became the protective big sister and he the protective younger brother. He could spot a crappy boyfriend a mile a way and most of the time I wouldn't listen but now that I am older I really have began to rely on his feedback and comments on things. I am glad that I moved down with him because we really have began to bond more as brother and sister. I want us to have a close relationship because if God forbid anything happens to my parents he is the only person I have. And I want to be in his life and he in mine. He is such a great brother and even though our relationship suffered for a while things are getting right back on place. He is like my father as being a godly man, he has the Doussard sense of humor but he is there whenever needed.

I love my family. I mean really words can't describe everything I feel for them but I am glad I have them in my life. Next on the list will be my grandparents!!

No comments:

Post a Comment