September 29, 2009

Where is

Where oh where has Heather been?? Well lets see...... working like a dog, sick and been busy on the weekends!! The weekend of the 12th of September I went out with some of co-workers to celebrate my friend Jodi's birthday. We went to a bar in Waco called Wild West . It reminds me of Wild Country in Collinsville, IL. It was the same type of club where they play country music and some more popular music as well. I had a drink there called Kryponite. It reminds me of the Recliner at Big Daddies in Belleville. This drink had Midori, Blue Coraco, orange juice, spirit and some other liquor. Then they put a glow stick in it to really show the color. It was such a great drink.I had a couple of those that night. I really enjoyed spending time with my friends from work and getting to know a couple of them really well. You can check out the pics here. Then the next weekend I got to go to Schlitterbahn, one of the great waterparks in Texas!! I went with two friends of work. I had so much fun with my friends and plus they had so many rides. The park is broken down into three sides and you have to take a tram between them. This park has been featured on the travel channel several times and I got to ride one of the newest ride The Dragon's Revenge. It is a water rollercoaster I could have ridden that ride several times unfortunately we got to the park late because I went the wrong way for a little bit and then there was an hour wait for it. By then it was getting close to park closing time. So I am glad we got to go and thinking I may get a season pass. It is so great you can bring in coolers and have whatever food or drink you want. And plus a ton of tables so no one really messes with your stuff. Then this past weekend has been a great weekend for me. At work it was our last week of training which the 5 weeks have flown by so fast!! I can't believe how quick it went. Friday we had our graduation ceremony, got our t-shirts and was ready to get out of there. I am glad we don't have the 4 pm to 12:45 am shift anymore. With transition we are on a more normal schedule. Then this weekend I went to the Austin area with Aaron and Jodi, my friends from work! We went to a bar called Grahams. This was a celebration of graduating and surviving our 5 weeks of training. I have such a good time with these two. I wish our other friends could have been there with us! But they had other things going on. This place was cool because they have 6 clubs in one. They have Alley Cats, which is a karoke bar, Choppers,which is more rock, Wild Cats, which is like Coyote Ugly, Club Z, which plays todays hits and it has cages and a pole that you can dance in, then Live Room, plays live music but none going on this weekend and the last one is Denim & Diamonds, which is another country bar. Again reminds me of Wild Country from back home. It was nice just to hang out and chill. I may post pics of that on here not sure yet. So the last couple of weeks has been really good. The only negative is being sick with a sinus infection and trying to get used to a new schedule. We started transition today which I like because it is a normal schedule but dont like taking calls. Hopefully it will get better as time goes on. So that is it in a nut shell!!

No comments:

Post a Comment