July 22, 2008

Gateway weekend

So this is a little late but I have been so worn out and been busy with work as well. This weekend was the Busch series race at Gateway International racetrack. I am at all this races every time they have a major race. My dad has a raceway ministry program so if someone gets hurt we are there or if they need anything. It was a little hot but luckily there was a breeze blowing through. And most of the day I get to spend in driving around in a golf cart or in their media center eating free food. I got to try a local ice cream (I forget the name it was Blue something and made her locally). They had a White Cake that tasted like White cake with frosting. It was so creamy and smelled wonderful. Then the other flavors they had was Double Chocolate (that was good), Caramel (I am not a fan of caramel but I enjoyed it surprisingly) and then Mandarin Orange (it tasted like a Dreamcicle bar).

Before the race I got to be down in the winners circle. They have the driver introductions there and where the person that prayers, national anthem is sung and the people say Gentlemen start their engines. Dad was praying before the race so he had me come down there and sit with so I could get some pics. Dad got to go up stage and shake the drivers hands. All of sudden this guy comes and sits down next to me before dad was to go up there. Dad starts taking pics of this guy and I am like ok thats weird. He whispered in my ear I will tell you later why. So when they do the introductions, he goes up there. It turns out the man was Jason Keller. He is pretty big driver in the Busch series.


So right before dad was going to pray the power goes at the track. They had to use some generators to help power some parts of the track. It was funny, they had to use the mics from the radio station and ESPN to broadcast the prayer and such. And you could hear the people buzzing in the stands about whats going on. Here is a video clip of the gal singing hopefully it will give an idea of whats going on.


Then the best part was the winner of the race Carl Edwards. He is one of the nicest and one of the cuter NASCAR drivers. He always takes his time out for his fans. Plus he is from an area near St Louis. It is always good to see a person from the area win.

When he wins he always does a back flip from his car and so I thought I would post that for you to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment