February 20, 2010

The Deer vs The "Box"

Yes I know an interesting title for a blog but probably a couple of weeks ago or so I had a very interesting night. It was a typical work day this night got off around 7 pm. Now my drive from Waco to work I do drive on a Hwy that goes through some farm/country area. When I drive home at night, I have never had any problems with any animals running out in the road or seeing animals on the side of the road. Well I was home from work, had just gotten off the phone with my brother. I had come to the part of the highway that I have slow down to 60. I start to see something in the corner of my eye. Before I could turn my head to really see what it was I see in front of my Aztec a deer!! Well it was actually a buck as I recalled later and then driving home from work one night got to really look at it. It definitely had antlers. I pull into the nearest gas station to see why kind of damage was done. During all of this I was shaking. My body was just going crazy. I get out of the car and look at what had been done. I will say this before I go to talk about the damage done to the "Box" but man, does Pontiac make a great vehicle!!! I hit that deer with force, again I was going 60 mph, and there really wasn't a ton of damage. The left side of the car took most of the it and that is where the deer came out of at first. So I look over the damage the left headlight is completely gone, the grill was completely gone, the hood was cracked and popped up. During this I got to go through the process of dealing with my insurance company, getting a rental car and then buying my first car. I am doing this all on my own. I ended up getting a 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe. I like it there are some things I miss that this car does not have like automatic lights that come on, the center console was better and then the automatic seats. I am posting pics from the damage hopefully I can soon post some pics of the new car.

Where the deer first hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment